Wednesday 12 March 2008

New Wheels!

So, here she is, the new Clairemobile! She's an '04 Nissan Xtrail manual, one owner, low mileage and the poor lady nearly wept as I drove it away. (Her third child is due in 3 weeks and they're upsizing to a Pajero.)

It's so quiet and comfortable to drive that it's a strain to hear the engine and know when to change gears. I was nearly back at Exton before I realised that it had a tacho, and should be reading the revs. Like all the early Xtrails it has the speedo/tacho/other dials in the centre of the dashboard, which will take a little getting used to and my left hand on the steering wheel tends to hide the tacho from my view. You do have to watch the speed continually as I can't judge it yet - it goes very fast! The colour is called twilight.

We still have the hyacinth van which we've advertised. I hope it sells soon - I'm feeling desperately broke!

5 comments:

Fer said...

Woohoo, choice Joyce!! I think you two will go perfectly together. Let me know when you're in town next so you can show it off.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!! Finally!

I didn't know the old van was called the "Hyacinth" van. I thought it was a grey-blue...?

I've never heard of a "tacho". Is that pronounced phonetically?

Aw, I'm missing out on everything that's going on :(

Fer said...

I thought it was spelt tacko or taco, even though it's short for tachometer. It's what counts the revs Shan.

Anonymous said...

I figured as much. Don't think I'd be much good at that, I prefer to listen to the engine and feel it through my bum, if you know what I mean...

The Exton Gardener said...

Trouble is that the engine is so quiet I can't hear the revs and so comfortable that it cushions my bum so the tachometer is a good idea. I can't even hear when I stall it. Have to look for all the little red lights to go on ...