Monday 7 January 2008

Is this any better, Fer?

Actually, the black was very heavy so I'll go subtle this time. Thank you for your constructive comments.

Today I finished and packed up 6 butterflies and posted them off. That's a weight off my mind. Got a sheep picture to do next. I sat out in the sun at lunch time to stitch butterflies and pink up my legs. First the cats descended on me and then the little flies! Drew says they breed in the pig sheds. I persevered till the brooch was finished and then beat a hasty retreat. Tonight at sundown I notice that there is a pink tinge down my shins. Yay!! (And you're right Shan, you do use a lot of exclamation marks in these blogs!)

4 comments:

Fer said...

MUCH better! Now what you need to do if you want 'anonymous' or anyone to leave comments, go into Customize, then click on the Settings tab and under that you'll see a Comments tab where you can select Anyone from the Who can comment? question.

Now Shanni can leave messages! Don't you just love those exclamation marks?! I've actually been making an effort to tone them down, here's cheers for trying....

The Exton Gardener said...

Thanks so much. Now I've got to find where I can set the time. I don't do this at 2 am!

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! Here I am!

Follow the yellow-brick road...

You look quite flamboyant in your photo, by the way! You still haven't told me where you went for New Years - whose garden is it? It's gorgeous! Was everyone but me there?

The Exton Gardener said...

For New Years day we were invited to Arcoona for Champagne croquet with Tara and Renee and Simon. Jude(Hawaiian shirt) and Julie (sumptuous hat) are the owners now and very hospitable. We were divided into 4 teams of 4 and to start with there were two matches going on at the same time from either end. One could not play a shot unless the glass in our hand was fully charged. You can imagine the result!

Drew's team - me, Simon and Gary (one of Tara's teacosy wearers) ended up as eventual winners - only because Jude make many Questionable umpiring decisions in our favour. But then, he was the umpire and it was his champagne! (and top stuff too.)

You'll recognise Paul Noordanus among the players.