Sunday 6 January 2008

New Year Resolutions

So I've made some New Year Resolutions:

1. To create a blog! It might help the ageing memory a little and stave off dementia! Who knows? Hopefully I'll have something to write about!

2. To create enough work to be able to hold a solo exhibition. (I've not made a start on this yet!)

3. To finish digging and landscaping my Japanese pool. I think I'll wait for the cooler weather!

(So I'm feeling my way at the moment. I fell asleep planning my first entry last night and now that I've started writing, I can't remember a single word I planned! Yesterday was a big day. I pulped all this pre-soaked scrap paper and card and made some 38 sheets of heavy paper for my butterfly boxes. I ran out of cloths in the end and had to leave the rest of the pulp for this morning. I was able to squeeze out another 12 sheets. No wonder my memory is shaky!)

4. To expose my legs to the world!
Now you all may know that my legs are always decently hidden - and with good reason! But there's my nephew's wedding next month and the thought of a hot day and having to wear pants or tights is too much. So I took a deep breath and brought out the shorts. What a sight! My arms are tanned to a soft butterscotch but my legs are more like nougat! They are a translucent white crossed with blue veins, with the red cherries of Miki and branch scratches and with brownish bruises to knees and shins.

After two days of daylight exposure I'd like to pretend that there is a little colour on them but the reality is that there is a little
patch of red sunburn on the back of each calf!

27 days to go!

3 comments:

Tararara said...

Well I think you've got loverly legs, Dear...you ought to let them out for a frolic more often!! Wearin' one ov dem kimono fings, you look like a right go-er, mate!! Love the Croquet pics...what a fantastic fun day that was!!! xxxTeacosy Revolutionary

Fer said...

At least you've got that lovely olive-ish undertones instead of the shades of pink some of your offspring have!

So glad you've started a blog deary, only suggest though that you change the background as the black does my eyes in!

But really, you do what pleases you! X Fer

Rob Windstrel Watson said...

Good luck with the blog. It will be worth it :-)

Falling asleep is the perogative of all us people who have worked hard, reared young that have finally flown the nest and are now able to put our feet up a little and enjoy beautiful things.