Tuesday 22 January 2008

To the garden ...

There are a couple of nice moments happening in my garden just now. After all the hard winter and spring work it is nice to see some rewards, whether planned or serendipitous. The show above resulted from the placement of the wooden obelisk that Tara and Ranier gave me, training the roses Mme Pierre Oger and Reine des Violettes across it and planting Clematis texensis "Gravetye Beauty" inside. but then these wonderful Cleomes have self-seeded in such a place to complement them so beautifully ...


The second part is this lovely sunny section that has matured enough to give me the arrangement I have been planning. Of course the bits on either side are not so good - yet...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Oh WOW!

It took me a minute to recognise these plots. They've changed so much! Ok, first photo: stunning. Like a dream. I never imagined it could look like that.

2nd photo: I'm pretty sure I recognise that spot, is that the rock garden in the background? is it where Nee and I used to have our little plots?

It all looks so lovely! (moons as she casts a scornful look out the window at the grey sludge and crusty snow)

Fer said...

That plot in the first photo really is divine, and reminds me once again of how my own bit of scrub is sadly neglected!

I didn't know Shan likes to 'moon' the snow - the window glass would be cold against her bare botty! (I know she meant 'moans'!!!)

The Exton Gardener said...

2nd photo does have the rock garden in the background; I'm standing next to the pond. This patch used to have straggly shrubs dominating. There's now a little Tasmanian pencil pine struggling through. It grows so slowly!