Saturday 10 May 2008

But she was beautiful!

Well, Agfest has come and gone and Big Del was finished in time and shipped off to take her place. She didn't win any of the prizes but she was beautiful and one of the more eye-catching cows on display. She was runner up in the People's Choice award but that was scooped by Hagley Farm school who reportedly sent 8 classes to Agfest, all armed with the prepared voting slips for their cow, Pic-cow-so.

However, most people loved Del and every time I went past her, she was being stroked, examined or generally interacted with. My favourite sight was towards closing time when I saw two weary farmers with elbows resting on her head, discussing the days finds. I wished I'd gotten that photo!

C'est la vie!

2 comments:

Fer said...

She was beautiful, and so much nicer than the winner. Hagley should be penalised for that dirty trick!!

How are you and Dad today, many aches and pains?

X Fer

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Agfest - I noticed it on the calendar, the one you sent us. She is lovely. Adam wants a cow, and I have to keep telling him that they're not pets. Now he wants a Romny lamb - he saw one in a photo from NZ.