Saturday 14 June 2008

The road to Hobart





Yesterday, Friday the 13th, we drove to Hobart. Far from experiencing any sort of bad luck, we had a most enjoyable day. We took the Xtrail (together with its expensive new radiator) and drove over what is now designated as the Highland Lakes road - the Lake Highway for all diehards!

It was a delightful drive and it was snowing very gently and magically at Miena at the southern end of the Great Lake. So when we stopped for a wee moment, I took these photos.

Further on, as we left the alpine country, the road was blanketed by a woolly carpet. Thousands of sheep - Cormos just like we used to have- returning from their summer grazing and covering the bitumen with a continually moving and bleating ebb and flow. I wished I could have taken the definitive photo but it wasn't to be.

2 comments:

Fer said...

Seems Friday the 13th works well for you!

Mmmm, I love Australian 'snow-scapes', so pretty with all the gums.

:o)

Mlle La Revolution des Cache-Pots said...

eeeeets vaaaaryyy preeeetyyyy, I love the frosted log pic...oh dear, thats sounds rude too! And I haven't even been eating bratwurst sausages....