Sunday 1 June 2008

Marcel takes on the world!

While Tara is abroad, I'm minding her bantam rooster, Marcel. He's some fancy breed which I can't quite remember (Belgian?) and he's very personable. However, he has spent most of the past two weeks up in the rafters of the chook pen, keeping out of the way of the other roosters. Yesterday I was trying to set up a temporary fence to keep the chooks out of my garden, when who should appear to watch the process but Marcel. And he was in no hurry to return the way he had come.

But then Miki materialised and even a cocky little rooster was prepared to beat a dignified retreat!

5 comments:

Fer said...

He he he, that'll learn him!!

That's a gorgeous photo of Miki stalking the chook, just priceless!

The Exton Gardener said...

I was very grateful to Miki for teaching him a few manners!

Fer said...

She'd be the one to do it too. Cato would be above that sort of thing!

You should add the photo to your Flickr page and then join a few cat group pools and add it to them. The views and comments will start flooding in! :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh that's priceless! Look at her stalking technique, and his strut! She looks so much like Cotton...

I thought you already had a fence to keep out the chooks? What happened?

You have a Flikr page? Can you give me the url?

Mlle La Revolution des Cache-Pots said...

That's my boy...curious and confident! Such an hilarious photo of him and miki...i love his little fluffy-be-skirted feet trotting off in haste! He's a Belgian Bantam, Di said.