Monday 11 February 2008

30 today!

I realised that today marks 30 years as a Teacher Aide at Deloraine Primary School! I guess this is some sort of milestone, making me the longest serving staff member at this school.

There have been so many benefits. I started out in the library, covering, cataloguing and filing and from there moved on to general work, working for teachers and administration. I've gained so many skills in the process, starting with covering books in contact film through to gaining computer skills. This latter has been the real benefit for where else could someone in my position learn these things, especially since my children have left home? We started out with little black and white BBCs with dial up connections through to the Library of Tas, until we have reached the point where the Aides computor is the biggest in the school with the most programs loaded on - not that I have had to use them all! Oh well, if the needs arise.


Today the staff have been congratulating me and I discover that it has been written up on the Staff whiteboard. Then at recess there was cake with Congatulations Claire on it and these lovely flowers. I do feel so appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! I remember those old computers, and the old file cards in the library!

Big hugs,
Shannon

Fer said...

Woohoo for you!! Were the old computers the ones you had to hug to turn them off, which you had at home? And played Patience instead of Solitaire? he he he

So glad you got some appreciation for all those years!!!

Love Fer.