Monday 4 February 2008

It was such a lovely wedding

The sun was shining (most of the time), the tide was out, but we had a lovely time. The bride was ravishing. She aparently ordered her dress from Hong Kong, just sending over the measurements, and it was done in 3 weeks at a fraction of the cost. Good plan!
So here we all are, the grooms family, and dressed to kill! It's funny to think that now were're the oldies - almost getting to be elderly! We tried not to be the conservatives in the background gossiping about everyone, but the young have so much energy!


Then there's the very young. This is Robert and Erin's little daughter, Isabel (I hope I've got the spelling correct.) She's such a little doll! She was so overwhelmed at first and didn't seem to think that her Mum was real in such a dress. But she hit her stride later and made her own little contributions during the speeches. I wish I could have got a photo then but that's the trouble with the old digital camera - there's that bit of a delay between pressing the shutter and the picture actually being captured. I had trouble later on when I was trying to get a closeup of sister Janet. I forgot that the didgital zoom doesn't register in the viewfinder but only on the screen. I have a lovely shot of Janet's chin and one of her cleaveage!

And finally, here's a shot of my family enjoying the day!

4 comments:

Fer said...

Oh wow, love the legs!! Sounds like a fun family day - pity the cousins weren't invited, not that I've had much to do with them though!! Was this Saturday just gone? You should have come over to Bruny for the night, we had Ram and Aya stay with us which was just lovely. X Fer

The Exton Gardener said...

No we couldn't as we had to feed Ram's cat and Nee's two. She and Simon went north for Simon's sister Kate's wedding! We ended up being very useful in Hobart. Would have loved to come over to Bruny but.

Fer said...

I know but it was worth a try! Wow, Kate's married now - maybe this will inspire Simon???

Anonymous said...

God, everyone's so much ... older! I haven't see them in years, it's kind of a shock :)

But you look lovely! I showed the big photo to my friend and she says I look like you, to which I said, with great sincerity: "Thanks!"

Robert's new wife looks lovely. What's her name?

Kate's married now too? Wow, I still picture her as a girl too young for that!

XOX Shannon